Friday, January 9, 2009

Back in the saddle. . . .again! Illinois Governor and other musings


I am back in the saddle, so to speak, of school---grad school. After a chaotic fall semester, I am back at it and have hopefully hit the ground running. And by running, I am working 30 hours and taking 9 graduate credits. The classes I have for this semester will keep me busy, but I am glad of it, because I know what boredom and what the mediocrity of boredom can produce.

My first class is American Revolution and the New Republic; the second is European Interpretations: 1648 - Present, and lastly Historic Preservation and Heritage Studies Seminar. I already have quite a few books on request at the library from other institutions and will hopefully be able to get the sources I need.

Now to the meatier issue of the hour---Illinois Governor or Felon (whichever you want to call him). Being from Illinois, namely Chicago, I am used to the political machine jokes, gangster jibes, and overall corruption that is associated with my hometown and state, but the current governor takes it to new heights. Not only does this put a little bit of cloud cover over our President-Elect, but it also once again reminds us that every politician is suspect. I'll continue to watch this unfold and I guess we'll just watch it all unfold!

No comments:

Post a Comment